I'm Hacking Philips Hue Lights for a project for Element 14 Presents, and I'm asking for help!
I'm working on my next project for Element14 Presents which involves hacking the Philips Hue Lighting System. I need your help to determine which path I should take - please watch the video for the details of the project:
I will need to spend a lot of time learning to work with the Philips Hue API (and there's even a new one that just came out!) So, I want to make a well-informed decision:
- Should I use Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or another system?
- I will need 5 sensors (one under each cabinet) to detect my presence within a few feet of the sensor.
- What sensor system is best?
- Will it connect easily to the microcontroller system?
- What other ideas do you have for controlling the Hue Lights?
Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for your help!