Step 1: Print the Template
Print the template using an inkjet printer (as per the instructions on the package.) Although the package only mentions inkjet printers, I used my HP Color LaserJet M452 Laser printer, and it came out great. Page 1 is the shamrock, and page 2 is a mirror of the same shamrock to go on the back. You will need one of each of these designs per LED.
Step 2: Cut Out the Shamrocks
Use scissors to cut out all the shamrocks. This takes some time. I watched some Hulu and it was enjoyable. :)
Step 3: Bake the Shamrocks
Follow the instructions on the package for baking:
- Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Lay the shamrocks.
- Lay another piece of parchment paper on top to keep them from curling up too much.
- Test your oven with a scrap piece first. (Baking at 350ºF for 3 minutes was what worked in my oven, but ovens vary. )
- After removing them from the oven, some of the shamrocks may not be completely flat - use a spatula to flatten them as they cool.
Step 4: Glue in Place
Create an "LED Sandwich":
- Make pairs of opposing shamrocks (one facing one way, and one facing the other way).
- Place a dab of hot glue on the back of one shamrock, and position the LED in the dab.
- Place another dab of hot glue on top of the LED.
- Place the other shamrock on top. You have a light-up shamrock!
Repeat this step for every LED.
Step 5: Light It Up & Hang Your Decor
Happy St. Patrick's Day!