Make your string lights into a statement with toy capsules and giant paper flowers
You will need:
- Toy / Gum Ball Capsules
- String Lights
- Paper Flowers Template
- Cricut, Silhouette Cutting Machine, or Craft Knife
- Hot Glue (Optional)
- Use an awl to poke a hole in the bottom of the capsule large enough for the string light.
- Insert the string light. If the hole is the right size, it may be pressure fit, or you could use hot glue on the back to hold it in place.
- Measure the size of the gum ball capsule. Add a circle with that measurement to the center of the flowers. You may want to do a quick test with a few sizes - go up or down 1mm to see what fits best. If you get the right size they will be pressure fit and you won't have to glue.
- Cut out the paper flowers using a Cricut, Silhouette or a craft knife.
- Place the flowers over the capsules. Glue in place if necessary.
- Turn on your lights and hang them somewhere festive!
Bonus - LED & Battery
If you have an LED and a coin cell battery, you can make a single flower too!
- Use the awl to poke 2 holes in the bottom of the gum ball capsule.
- Insert the LED.
- Add hot glue at the bottom to hold it in place.
- Squeeze the LEDs legs together.
- Insert the battery between the two legs with the + side touching the longer leg.
- Add tape around the LED and battery connection to secure it.
- Add your paper flower as described above.
- Add your light up flower to your decorations!