Analog Circuit that turns on when both contacts are touched.
This experiment was to learn more about analog circuits and to see if I could build my own giant touch sensor with aluminum foil and a Silhouette Cameo Machine.
- I designed the "comb" for the sensor based on the pattern in a force sensitive resistor, but in this case it would act as a touch sensor when the two interlocking combs are connected by touch.
- I used spray adhesive to mount the regular kitchen grade aluminum foil to cardstock
- I cut out the design using the Silhouette Cameo - I cut through both the cardstock and the aluminum foil, which remained intact.
- I connected my leads to the circuit - it worked!
- I also connected it to a relay that turned on an electronic greeting card circuit so that I could make it trigger an audio recording. :)